Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Lecture I
- Spiritual Science in historical evolution and its pivot in Rosicrucianism — Mention of 3rd April, 33 A.D. — The period of darkness in the thirteenth century and its ending — The occult mission of the Twelve Wise Men and their work in connection with the youth who in Initiation became Christian Rosenkreutz — The crisis in the world of the demons — Salvation through cultivation of the powers of the “I.”
- Lecture II
- Three categories of experiences in the life of soul — Chance and Necessity — Blows of fate and intimate occurrences in life — Fading memories in the life of thought and ideation; permanent memories in the life of feeling; these are transformed into impulses of will — through such impulses of will we can recognise the beckoning sign given by Christian Rosenkreutz to those chosen by him.
- Lecture III
- The nature of karma as destiny — The “wiser being” within us — Study of karma and how karma is experienced in the world — Happiness and joy are experiences bestowed by Grace.
- Lecture IV
- Exercises for the development of memory belonging to the life of feeling — The consequences of experiences in the spiritual world — The condition of darkness in the twelfth-thirteenth century — The resurrection of the ancient forms of sacred wisdom in the souls of the Twelve in the thirteenth century A.D. — Into this “College” of the Twelve, a Thirteenth is taken.
- Lecture V
- The work of the Bodhisattvas — The office and rank of Buddha-hood — The successor of Gautama Buddha — Prophetic anticipation of the Christ Mystery in the Schools of the Essenes — The Christ Mystery presented in the form of pictorial enactment's in the ancient rituals — Jeshu ben Pandira and Matthew — The Matthew Gospel describes the stages of the old Initiation up to the point where Jesus becomes the bearer of Christ — The content and substance of the Mysteries are enacted on the physical plane as a reality of world-history — During the middle years of life a great transformation takes place in the soul of one who is destined to receive the Bodhisattva into himself — In about 3,000 years from now the Bodhisattva will become the Maitreya Buddha, the Bringer of the Good through the power of the word — Vision in the astral sphere of the Christ in His Ether-Form; later on, this Form is revealed in the aesthetic and then in the moral spheres — The sources of Christianity and the spiritual preparations made by the twelve wise men in the thirteenth century — The manuscript of the Matthew Gospel translated by Jerome.
- Lecture VI
- The Akasha Chronicle of the Sun — Journey through the heavens of the fixed stars; thence the return through the planetary spheres to the next birth.
- Lecture VII
- Copernicanism and the revolutionary change in human thinking —
The illusory character of this new form of knowledge — The relation of
Christian Rosenkreutz to Gautama Buddha — The Mystery-Centre by the
Black Sea where Buddha taught, in his spirit-form — His work is
subsequently continued by his pupil, St. Francis of Assisi — The
anxiety among occultists as to the threatened separation of men into two
categories — Christian Rosenkreutz sends Buddha, his closest pupil, to
Mars — The purification of Mars through Buddha's deed of sacrifice —
The Mars-forces, now radiating peace, work into the souls of men between
death and a new birth.
A potent and effective Meditation is to picture the deeds of Christian
Rosenkreutz in the thirteenth and sixteenth centuries — Christian
Rosenkreutz in the midst of the Twelve — Buddha is sent by him to
perform a cosmic deed of sacrifice on Mars — Reference to the Sermon
- A Concluding Indication