Wonders of the World, Ordeals of the Soul, Revelations of the Spirit
Table of Contents
- The origin of dramatic art in European cultural life. The Mystery Of Eleusis
- The living reality of the spiritual world in Greek mythology. The threefold Hecate.
- Nature and Spirit. Zeus, Poseidon and Pluto as macrocosmic counterparts of the human bodily sheaths. An occult sign.
- Dionysos as the representative of the ego-forces. The entry of the Christ Impulse into human evolution and the activity of the planetary gods.
- The merging of the ancient Hebrew and the Greek currents in the Christ-stream. Dionysos Zagreus and the younger Dionysos.
- The ego-nature and the human form. Dionysos and his band of followers.
- The Dionysian Mysteries
- The true meaning of ordeals of the soul. Progressive gods and backward beings. The Mystery of Golgotha.
- Eagle, Bull and Lion currents. Sphinx and Dove. Ego-consciousness.
- The two poles of all soul-ordeals. The macrocosmic Christ Impulse in the meaning of St. Paul.